Documents to apply to a spanish mortgage
If you want to apply for a mortgage in Spain, you must take into account that depending on each bank, they will ask for some documentation or other about your income and debts.
Documents for your bank
Usually you will be asked for it:
- 1 or 2 years of personal tax returns
- Statement of personal accounts for the last 6 months showing payments received Payroll
- A copy of a file of personal credits held
- Copy of the passport
If you apply for a mortgage in Spain and you have some kind of investment made, for example, a rent, the bank will also request a contract of that rent, as well as the bank statements that have been received in the last months.
In the case that you are a self-employed applicant, you have to take into account that you will have to provide the bank with both information regarding your personal and your company’s tax situation. It is very important that all documents are linked to the applicant.
Expenses for applying for a mortgage in Spain
On the other hand, it is also important to consider the cost of obtaining a mortgage loan in Spain, these are the following:
- Appraisal: The bank will employ the services of a professional appraiser to write a report that costs approximately 400 euros.
- Opening fee: Depending on the bank, a percentage or other of the mortgage will be charged. The opening fee must be paid in a single payment before the contract is signed.
- Notary fees: Mortgage loans are registered in a Land Registry and require the services of a notary.
- Life and home insurance: A home insurance is required and in some cases a life insurance is also requested to be taken out to be eligible for the mortgage loan.