Inheritance Tax Rebate
The Legal Team at ABC Solicitors has detected clear cases of fiscal discrimination concerning the inheritance tax that “non-residents” paid when they inherited properties and/ or assets located in Spain.
Our motivation to investigate about this was because the inheritance tax laws currently applicable in Spain treat residents and non-residents differently. The final conclusion of our research was that non-residents have to pay full inheritance tax, while residents have considerably better tax benefits and many times are even exempted to pay inheritance tax.
If this is your case, or you know anyone that paid inheritance tax for properties or assets located in Spain within the last four years up to today, (this is the limit period) and either the inheritor or the deceased person were non-resident in Spain at the moment of the death, please contact us, because we are verifying that it is possible to recover almost 100% of the tax paid to the Spanish tax office.
If you would like us to help you claim the inheritance tax that you have paid, you must meet the following requirements:
- To have inherited assets and/or property located in Spain
- At the time of the death, the beneficiary or the deceased must have been a non-resident of Spain.
- The inheritor must have paid in Spain inheritance tax within the last four years from today, and a minimum of two thousand Euro (2,000 €).
- The relationship of the beneficiary with the deceased must be one of the following:
o Husband or wife.
o Son or daughter.
o Father or mother.
o Grandson or granddaughter
o Grandfather or grandmother
If you meet the above criteria and would like to claim a Tax Rebate, please contact ABC Solicitors. Our Legal Team will be more than happy to help you recover your money back.
Other news related to inheritance tax:
- The EU Inheritance Law that came into force in August 2015
- The rules and rates for spanish inheritance tax in this article
- Information about how to minimise spanish inheritance tax
- Click here to spanish inheritance tax for non residents
- If you need a calculator for spanish inheritance tax click here
- What you should know about the inheritance tax rates 2019
- If you need help to make an inheritance in Spain visit this URL
- What goods does my inheritance cover if I do it in Spain?